Emerging Managers benefit from an institutional infrastructure supported by well established market participants
Composed of industry leaders, QEMP’s advisory board’s mission is to provide guidance on manager selection and composition of the asset allocation policy. QEMP is proud to count on the support of the following renowned market contributors:
- Mario Delisle, AON Hewitt
- Jean-Pierre Talon, Mercer
- Jean Bergeron, Morneau Shepell
- Pierre Parent, Normandin Beaudry
- Guy Beaulieu, PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd
Established asset managers and group of financial professionals
- Stéphane Corriveau, AlphaFixe Capital
- Sébastien Rhéaume, AlphaFixe Capital
- Marc Christopher Lavoie, Hexavest Inc.
Pension funds and financial institutions
- Antony Sauvageau, National Bank of Canada
- Louise Charette, Bâtirente – Régimes de retraite collectifs
- Pierre Bélanger, Bureau de la retraite CPEGQ
- Jimmy Fortin, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Omar Aqjime, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Robert Auger, FMOQ
- Amélie Dugas-Sampara, Fonds de solidarité FTQ
- Luc Verville, Fondaction, le Fonds de développent de la Confédération des syndicats nationaux pour la coopération et l’emploi
- Jacques Bourgeois, HEC Montréal
Members of the board of directors
- Jean-François Bernier, Interactive Brokers
- Marie-Hélène Noiseux, ESG UQAM
- Sébastien Rhéaume, AlphaFixe
Institutional investors are notably composed of pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and other financial institutions. Currently, these Canadian allocators have the opportunity to invest in one or both programs. In addition, they will soon be able to design their own allocation by individually selecting any number of the underlying asset managers.
The QEMP also thanks the following financial institutions whose support enabled the establishment of this first fund:
Selected among multiple candidates based in the province of Quebec, the asset managers are divided between alternative and traditional programs. Each asset manager is responsible for running its strategy in a separate investment vehicle.
In order to assume the role of administrator, banker, auditor, external legal counsel and broker, renowned partners have been retained. QEMP benefits from the support of the following service providers:
- State Street Custodial Services (Ireland) Limited
- Custom House Fund Services (USA) LLC
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP
- JP Morgan
- Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Société Générale
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Northern Trust
Innocap Investment Management Inc.
Since 1996, the Innocap Group has offered managed account solutions to a global institutional client base seeking high standards of governance. In addition to its structuring and due diligence expertise during manager selection, the group provides daily supervision of fund operations, customized risk management services and independent governance. Innocap’s model provides investors with in depth data transparency, including a breakdown of their assets, investment strategy compliance and centralized monitoring of service providers. Innocap sets itself apart in the industry through its expertise, flexibility and state-of-the-art technology.