Emerging Managers benefit from an institutional infrastructure supported by well established market participants
Composed of industry leaders, QEMP’s advisory board’s mission is to provide guidance on manager selection and composition of the asset allocation policy. QEMP is proud to count on the support of the following renowned market contributors:
- Mario Delisle, AON Hewitt
- Jean-Pierre Talon, Mercer
- Jean Bergeron, Morneau Shepell
- Pierre Parent, Normandin Beaudry
- Guy Beaulieu, PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd
Established asset managers and group of financial professionals
- Stéphane Corriveau, AlphaFixe Capital
- Sébastien Rhéaume, AlphaFixe Capital
- Robert Brunelle, Hexavest Inc.
- Vital Proulx, Hexavest Inc.
Pension funds and financial institutions
- Frédéric Dion, National Bank of Canada
- Louise Charette, Bâtirente – Régimes de retraite collectifs
- Pierre Bélanger, Bureau de la retraite CPEGQ
- Yves Caron, Caisse de dépôts et placements du Québec
- Robert Auger, FMOQ
- Michel Messier, Fonds de solidarité FTQ
- Luc Verville, Fondaction, le Fonds de développent de la Confédération des syndicats nationaux pour la coopération et l’emploi
- Marie-Hélène Noiseux, ESG UQAM
- Jacques Bourgeois, HEC Montréal
Institutional investors are notably composed of pension plans, insurance companies, banks, endowments and other financial institutions. Currently, these Canadian allocators have the opportunity to invest in one or both programs. In addition, they will soon be able to design their own allocation by individually selecting any number of the underlying asset managers.
The QEMP also thanks the following financial institutions whose support enabled the establishment of this first fund:
Selected among multiple candidates based in the province of Quebec, the asset managers are divided between alternative and traditional programs. Each asset manager is responsible for running its strategy in a separate investment vehicle.
In order to assume the role of administrator, banker, auditor, external legal counsel and broker, renowned partners have been retained. QEMP benefits from the support of the following service providers:
- State Street Custodial Services (Ireland) Limited
- Custom House Fund Services (USA) LLC
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP
- JP Morgan
- Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Société Générale
- Bank of Nova Scotia
Innocap Investment Management Inc.
Jointly owned by National Bank of Canada and BNP Paribas, Innocap is amongst the 10 largest managed account platforms worldwide. Among other functions, the firm is responsible for:
- Performing asset managers due diligence;
- Designing, implementing and operating both alternative and traditional programs;
- Providing independent governance and oversight of asset managers;
- Supporting asset owners in their allocation process.